Marrakech: A PLACE, A SONG A HISTORY OF CHANGE
Marrakech, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization providing education, job placement, housing, employment and community integration services to more than 1,600 Connecticut residents with developmental, physical and behavioral health disabilities.
Marrakech began, as did the 1970’s with a flight of fancy, a dream and a plan. Susan Waisbren and Francis Brody were the founders of Marrakech. The two Yale undergraduates decided there was a need for a halfway house of young women with retardation who had a desire to live in the community and had the right to. With the support of Dr. Seymour Sarason of the Yale Psycho-Educational Clinic, they opened a halfway house as a summer pilot program on Crown Street.
Today Marrakech owns and operates:
- 19 group homes
- 54 safe, affordable housing units
- Employment programs
- Outreach and case management
- Family support services
- Two Academies for Human Service Training
- Community programs throughout the state of Connecticut
A PLANNED GIFT TO MARRAKECH WILL PROVIDE US WITH
THE FUNDS TO MAKE OUR CLIENTS FUTURES SECURE!
There are many reasons to give to Marrakech. What’s your reason?
- Increase Income
- Bypass or even eliminate capital gain assets
- Increase current income tax deductions
- Increase estate and gift tax deductions
- Conserve estate assets for heirs
- Provide you with a lifetime income
- Demonstrate your respect for a worthy organization
- Feel good about yourself.
PLANNED GIVING TO A GOOD CAUSE CAN DO ALL OF THESE THINGS & MORE!
What is planned giving? It’s the best way to put your money to work helping people.
ONE OF THESE WAYS WILL BE RIGHT FOR YOU:
- Set aside a gift in your will for Marrakech.
- Name Marrakech your favorite charity as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy or purchase a new policy and name the charity beneficiary.
- Remember your loved ones with a charitable bequest in their honor.
- Name Marrakech as beneficiary of your IRA.
- Discuss with your advisors or Marrakech the tax advantages you can enjoy now by leaving a gift to Marrakech.
Spread the word. Let family, friends and advisors know that you’ve taken responsibility for your legacy and for a cause you care about.