Planned Giving is a process using tax and financial planning methods allowing the donor to efficiently achieve their personal and charitable objectives. It is through planned giving that we can build a sustainable future for the organization. There are several planned giving options; here are just a few:
- Leave a $ amount or % of estate to Marrakech in a will
- Donate shares of stock (there is no tax incurred for the person selling the stock to the nonprofit and the nonprofit can sell the stock once received with no additional capital gains tax as well)
- Consider a charitable gift annuity
- Make Marrakech a benefactor for a certain percentage of a life insurance policy and/or 401K
Benefits of Planned Giving
- The donor has the satisfaction of giving a legacy of philanthropic support by giving a planned gift to Marrakech. Planned gifts are not always realized immediately; therefore, the gift can help ensure the future health of the organization.
- Often times it is not possible for a donor to give an organization a large outright gift. Planned gifts offer the donor the opportunity to support their charitable organization in a meaningful way without giving a large outright gift.
- Planned gifts offer substantial tax savings to donors, especially on appreciated properties and securities. A planned gift can reduce income tax and avoid capital gains tax.
- Probate is an expensive and arduous process; giving a planned gift allows part of the estate to avoid the probate process. Source: http://www.campbellcompany.com
Please consider becoming part of our growing list of Sustaining Members. Your commitment to Marrakech now is an investment in our future.
For more information on or to further discuss planned giving options, please contact:
Phone: (203) 389-2970, Ext 1030